Here it is my first real post.
All my life I’ve been different. In order to
understand this statement I need to go back and relate my life.
I was born on my birthday. There was nothing odd or unusual about my birth according to my parents. I was small at the time and don’t really recall. So I have to take their word for it. I was the youngest of three children, having a brother and sister six and seven years older than I.
I guess I did the usual things that young children do. Outside of having a penchant for being a klutz and almost always having a bump, bruise or cut. The only thing my parents mention that was unusual about me was that I started to walk at nine months.
My story really begins at a slightly older age, the point that I start to recall memories from. I was a sensitive child. I cried for days after seeing “Born Free” (and still to this day will not watch animal movies). I think I was an intelligent and perceptive child.
But there was something different about me. At the time I didn’t know what it was because I didn’t have enough experience to know I was different. Okay, I guess I did know at least on a subconscious level. Something even then (maybe a strong sense of self preservation) made me keep quiet and begin to play a role that I still play to this day.
Now dear reader as you are sitting there wondering “What the hell is this idiot babbling on about?” Hopefully I’ve piqued your curiosity enough that you’ll continue to read just to find out the answer to the above question.
Well, out of the goodness of my heart I’ll end the suspense and tell you my secret. Then you can have the option of reading as Paul Harvey would say “the rest of the story.”
My difference is, drum roll please… I am female.
Pretty anticlimactic, huh? While I realize that a good percentage of the worlds population is female. And being such is not all that different, odd or anything I needed to hide. You may think otherwise when I tell you that my body is male. Yes, I suffer from what the medical community calls gender dysphoria or transsexualism.
I’m sure at this point a number of people reading this are going ewwww gross! Or are thinking freakin’ faggot, sick bastard (although sick bitch would be more apropos). Or perhaps are thinking about the firm grip that Satan has on me, and how I need to get right with the Lord and be saved. If you fit into any of the above categories, you’ll probably put down this manuscript (or burn it so you aren’t contaminated or have Satan tempt you or others into sin other than judgment and narrow mindedness). My hope is that you will continue reading and try to keep an open mind. You may learn something, or you might even find that my struggle may give you some incite into coming to terms with some problem of your own. Hey, at the worst it may be good for a few laughs at my expense.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment